Sunday, February 13, 2011

Twitter










 I am still unsure about my feelings for Twitter as far as websites go. However, I have began to see why people would want to use Twitter socially, for business, and for education. It is unbelievable how many people you can access so quickly on the site. I think that the social and business aspects of the site are quite obvious. But it took me a while to gather an opinion on how I felt about Twitter being used in education.

I think it would be neat to have Twitter used school wide or even district wide. It could be useful if all of the teachers and other staff members in a building had Twitter accounts and posted about certain events going on around school or the community. Students could see these tweets and so could their parents. Teachers could also update their Twitter accounts throughout the day so parents could logon and see what their child has been up to at school that day. Twitter can be used by everyone in a district and I was blind to this at first.

As far as professionally, I have already learned what a great tool Twitter can be. I can hop onto Twitter and see the ideas, articles, websites, etc. that are being posted by other people within my profession. The more I reach out and expand the number of people I follow on Twitter the more people I can reach. I find this to be an amazing opportunity and I am planning on learning and exploring to develop myself more professionally.



1 comment:

  1. I recommend looking at Gab's recent post about Twitter. It convinced me to like Twitter a bit more.

    ReplyDelete