Monday, February 28, 2011

My First Digital Story

I used imageloop for the first time while also creating my first digital story. I chose to write about my new pet, Minion. I think that this tool could be fun and easy for students to use. Students could use this tool for fun and they could also use it academically. Teachers could easily use this tool in their classroom. Teachers can retell stories digitally or have the students do so. If the students do not understand the technology, the teacher can be there to guide them. Digital story telling using imageloop and other tools doesn't always need to be use just for literacy and stories. The tool can be used for almost any academic lesson. It could be fun for a student to present a social studies project using imageloop.

The best part about using this tool was that it was simple to learn. I believe students could learn it just as fast or even fast if they are familiar with computers and digital images. However, the simplicity of this site also offers some negatives. I found it frustrating that there wasn't much choice for the captions. It was hard for me to fit the words onto each photo. Cons of the site aside, I would reccomend any educator to check this site out.


Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow




2 comments:

  1. I liked your project very much. Your photos and captions tell your story very well. (Adorable kitty, by the way!) I would use this tool for students to make summaries of the novels we read to prove that we read them or as an assessment for a novel or unit. Is there a way to add music? Or is it just text and images?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm disappointed that the slideshow doesn't show your captions. I was very confused about what a baseball catcher had to do with your cat until I found your captions, haha. To embed your show, go to my post and follow the directions. It shows your captions when it's embedded! If you have any questions, email me at murph357@msu.edu or tweet me @kdkmurph

    ReplyDelete