Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pixton Comics

I have been exploring the website Pixton. I have had a lot of fun exploring this technology that I have decided to include in my technology lesson plan. The website makes it fun and easy to create your own characters and comics. I had fun with it and I am sure children would have even more fun. When you logon (for free) you get to create characters and decide where they are, what they are doing, what they look like, etc. It is very impressive because you even get to change the smallest things like facial expression and hand postilion.

I believe these comic strips could be used for many things in the classroom. The comics could be a fun way to post classroom rules or funny stories. The comics could be used for students to enjoy during free time. As far as curriculum goes, don't over look this fun website. There are many ways Pixton comics could be used for lessons. For example, I am going to use Pixton in my literacy plan by letting the students design their own short comic based on their feelings/reactions to the reading Of The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein rather than having them write on it.

Here is a comic I made while exploring this new technology:






1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of using Pixton to depict classroom rules. It could make them comical, easy to remember, or easier for ESL students to understand.

    You say you expect students to use Pixton to express their feelings and reactions to the story, but this is vague. What specifically do you expect from them? Providing an example of your own reactions could be a good idea.

    ReplyDelete